[EnergyPlus_Support] DX Heating Coil HSPF

Dear Forum,

I have made some reserach on this topic on this forum, but I have not found a concrete answer. The problem I have is that I have to define an effiiciency of 7.7 HSPF for some of the DX heating coils for my baseline model according to Appendix G of ASHRAE 90.1 2007. Since in E+ I can only define the COP value, I have tried to define it in such a way that in the Equipemt Summary the value of HSPF is 7.7. I have found several equivalences between the COP and HPSF but is is dependant on several factors. In order to arrive to a value of 7.7 I need to increase the COP value of the heating coil to more than 12, and also lower the Rated Supply Fan Power per volume flow rate. I am not sure I am doing the right thing, it does not seem reasonable to have such a high COP.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this issue, thanks a lot i advance.

Santiago Rodríguez

LEED AP BD + C

Director of the Energy Department

Revitaliza Consultores