[EnergyPlus_Support] Effective Area for Ventilation

Dear All,

I am simulating a naturally ventilated housing using Airflow Network group. I use the Detailed Opening field to describe through width, height and start height factors the opening area that I intend to achieve when my window is fully open. And, in the field window/door opening factor, or crack factor (in Airflow Network: Multizone: Surface) I enter with the value 1.

However, I was thinking if it is possible to keep the window factors (in Detailed Opening field) when it is fully open equal 1 and enter in Window/door opening factor, or crack factor (in Airflow Network: Multizone: Surface) with the value 0.5 to describe a window with 50% of effective area for ventilation.

I just want a suggestion which modeling type is the best one when I want to vary the effective area for ventilation?

Thank you very much,

Posted by: michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx