[EnergyPlus_Support] Distribution losses in multi-storey water-based heating system

Dear all,

My goal is to model a multi-storey building with a classical central water-based heating system (with gas boiler).

I would have liked to have a precise estimation of distribution losses, using Pipe:Indoor objects.

However "there is no provision to model nested loops" in EnergyPlus, so it looks like I cannot model both riser pipes (between floors, with bigger diameter) and connection pipes (between zones of one floor, with smaller diameter).

Would there be a workaround solution for such a case, or how could I obtain the best possible estimation of distribution heat losses?

Thank you!

Posted by: robertogrilloait@xxxxxxxxx