[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] heat recovery chiller in OS or E+





I saw there is a function to use heat recovery chilller in E+ and there is an example file to test it. However, I didnt quite understand how the heat recovery chiller work in the example file. It seems to me the heat recovery only works during the time when no heating is needed... I was looking at the example file in HeatReocverElectricChiller.idf.


Has anyone had any experience in modeling heat recovery chiller in E+? The example file uses a waterheater:mixed. But why not using heatexchangerfluidtofluid? I tried with HX but I always end up using more heating energy because the heat recover actually decrease the water tempeature because condensing temperature is too low to heat up return hot water 



__._,_.___

Posted by: hj_630@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___