[EnergyPlus_Support] Shading by adjacent structures not possible in LEED baseline and E+

In LEED Energy modelling for EA Credits, it is allowed (not compulsory) to include shading by adjacent structures. This can have an important effect on the results for the proposed building. However, in E+ there is no option to include only the shadowing by adjacent structures for the baseline case. If you remove all external shadowing with MinimalShadowing option, you don't account for adjacent structures. If you choose any other shadowing option, although you may remove all shadowing surfaces from the model, self-shading is always considered, which is not allowed by LEED.

Is there any solution I am not taking into account? The only option I see is to remove shading by adjacent structures, which can affect quite negatively the results from the proposed design.

Regards,

Germán Campos

Posted by: ecoeficiente@xxxxxxxxx