Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] CR LF line endings

The IDF editor uses CR+LF (\r\n in regex) endings just like Windows: one carriage return one line-feed. You probably have a Unix-type LF only ending.

There's a great variety of ways to change the endings. On Windows, I would personally use notepad++ to do so. On Unix I would probably use "todos" (sudo apt-get install tofrodos)

Otherwise, read more here: http://superuser.com/questions/71507/convert-unix-line-endings-to-windows

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

I used the program Processing to edit a IDF file and save as a new file, basically just make a copy and add some new objects in the format as EnergyPlus required.

However, when I try to open this new IDF text file in IDF editor, I got the following error message:

    Unix file format detected.

    Please convert the file with a text editor to have CR LF line endings.

May I ask why I have this issue and how to solve it?

Thank you!

Posted by: Julien Marrec <julien.marrec@xxxxxxxxx>