[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: E+ 8.3.0/ SwimmingPool:Indoor object

I had replied earlier using the web tool, but it didn't get on the right conversation.  A little more clarification here anyway.

The documentation is nearly 100% updated with the changes for 8.3, with the remaining couple coming later today.  For the swimming pool, find the IORef here:

http://nrel.github.io/EnergyPlus/InputOutputReference/01a-InputOutputReference/#swimmingpoolindoor

and the engineering ref here:

http://nrel.github.io/EnergyPlus/EngineeringReference/13d-EncyclopaedicRefs/index.html#IndoorSwimmingPool

Notes:
  • We are still cleaning up the documentation where we find small issues such as tables coming out incorrect, etc.  These are being cleaned up rapidly.
  • We are also working on the "download as pdf" button so that you'll be able to have these available offline.
  • We are using Google custom search for the search on the website for now.  It is working quite well.  The main issue with Google Custom Search right now is that it isn't instantly updated as we make small changes, we have to wait for an index to be performed.  Once we have things cleaned up, we will request another on-demand index of the site which should make the results more up-to-date with the content.
  • Right now, the sites are listed as nrel.github.io while we make the final touches to the new official energyplus.net site to be coming out soon.  Once that website is completed, nrel.github.io will be a 'daily' snapshot of the documentation, as it is hooked directly to the source in our Github repo.  Keep energyplus.net/documentation in mind as the official source for finding the EnergyPlus documentation, and it'll be good-to-go.
We are very excited about the documentation change, as it will make our development process more streamlined, with less work at release time to compile the Word document changes together.  In addition, since they are available online, we'll be able to post updates _during_ a release cycle when errors are found and corrected, rather than waiting until the next release.

--
Edwin Lee, PhD
Engineer, Commercial Buildings Research Staff

Posted by: Edwin Lee <leeed2001@xxxxxxxxx>