Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] New Feature Request - "Return Air Fraction" and "Exhaust Air Fraction" for Internal Loads?

Karen,
I've modeled kitchen exhaust in the past by making a tiny zone (~1m2) that contains and air loop with supply and exhaust fans.  This recognizes that most kitchen makeup and exhaust systems are similar to a closed loop, with the makeup air introduced at or near the hood and having very little interaction with zone heat transfer.
If you adopt that strategy, adding heat recovery is not  difficult.  Does that make sense to you?

p.s.,
To include the zone interaction with the portion of coking energy that does get into the zone, I put some of the cooking equipment heat (e.g., 10%) as a gas or electric equipment object in the zone and the rest of the heat in the zone or as an exterior equipment object.

Often the makeup air unit is controlled to have constant discharge temperature, so it's energy use is independent of the zone energy.  If you put the cooking energy in the (tiny) zone directly and model the makeup unit as constant discharge temp, you may get a lot of unmet load hours (which is explainable to USGBC reviewers, but I try to avoid raising needless flags).  That's why I'll make the cooking energy an exterior object as a norm.