RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] HeatExchanger:FluidToFluid as "fluid exchanger"

One approach that comes to mind is to use SetpointManager:FollowSystemNodeTemperature, so that the outlet setpoints can be made to track the other side’s inlet temperatures.  And then use a modulated setpoint control type on the HX.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:12 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] HeatExchanger:FluidToFluid as "fluid exchanger"

Dear all,

In order to couple two plant loops, I need to use a HeatExchanger:FluidToFluid component.

But in the situation I want to model, the fluid itself (hot water for space heating) is exchanged:

This means I have an "Ideal" heat exchange, and I would like:

- the flow rates on supply and demand side to be equal

- the supply inlet temperature and demand outlet temperature to be equal

- the demand inlet temperature and supply outlet temperature to be equal

Actually, when I use HeatExchanger:FluidToFluid with control type "OperationSchemeModulated", this is not far from being the case.

But is there a way I can ensure that this is really the case ?

Thanks!

Robert

Posted by: "Brent Griffith" <Brent.Griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>