From: Yan, Ying
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 11:02 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Yan, Ying
Subject: The water mass flow of the cooling tower

Dear All,

I want to simulate faults of the cooling tower by using the model "CoolingTower:SingleSpeed".  This model has a output variable which is "Tower Water Mass Flow Rate [kg/s]."  I checked values of this variable and found the values are usually the same as the design water flow rate and sometimes it is 0.  I am confused since this is a variable, but the simulation results show that it is a constant.  I am looking forward to your answer.  Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Ying Yan

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering