[EnergyPlus_Support] incident solar radiation on different latitudes

Hello friends.

I'm studying shading for some different latitudes. I'm simulating a simple window and its incident beam solar radiation. I'm doing this as a parametric study.  I'm changing the orientation for diferent latitudes from 0º to -30º (from equador to capricorn). My experiment is for consecutive design days for summer and winter (15 to 15 days) so I can draw a curve of incident solar radiation for each orientation from different latitudes with the sky clearness factor of 1.

The thing is that the incident solar radiation is much stronger on the way to the tropics. Isn't it strange ? The solar radiation was supose to be stronger on equador !

Can somebody please help me ?

Best regards and thanks to your attention.

arquiteto matheus tonelli santos

Posted by: Matheus Tonelli Santos <mtonellis@xxxxxxxxx>