Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] passive cooling

Dear Sajal,

This is difficult to answer straight away, i believe. This is purely design related problem. You have to first establish what comfort criteria (temperatures, RH, air speed) are you looking for. So the system should be design in a such a way that it could meet your (factory) comfort requirements rather than what ASHARE 55 and Adaptive comfort depicts.

I could share my experience while working on some of the factory projects in Dhaka and realized that their comfort requirements are totally different. There the major issue is relative humidity but the workers are also comfortable at 70-75% RH. On the other hand client also not ready to pay much attention for the working staff comfort. So in most of the projects i found there is large exhaust fans to maintain some draft inside the building and it works well. I can recall we have proposed desiccant based dehumidifier with solar regeneration in one of the project and it was hard to convince client for this.

As far as EnegryPlus files are concern you could refer C drive (C:\EnergyPlusV8-3-0\ExampleFiles) where you can find many example file which is a good starting point. And based on your design, comfort requirements you need to explore which strategy will work for you.

Hope this helps you up to some extent.

Regards,