Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cooled beam with VAV

Dear Francesco,
At first I thought you had missed an object, but it appears you are correct (as usual).
As I think about it, I can see benefits from a VAV chilled beam system for unoccupied or lightly occupied periods.
On the other hand, I think that these "active" chilled beams may need the primary airflow in order to induce enough secondary air to achieve their rated capacity.  Of course, the primary airflow is generally small since it is only the minimum needed for people. That means the energy needed for individual rooms is relatively small compared to VAV + reheat.
Is your question related to an actual design for VAV chilled beams?  If so, does each beam have a modulating damper? Controlled by what signal?
It would be interesting to me to understand the design rationale for reducing the primary airflow.