Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Swimming pool water temperature not reaching desired temperature

Good news!

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 6:20 PM, jonathan duverge jduverge1979@xxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jim

I manage to get it to work. The issue was that I use the 5Zoneswimming example as a guide. So instead of concentrating on the example, I start from the beginning -building the whole plant loop, supply and demand branches. the main mistake was in the plant loop itself . Some of the field (Plant flowrate, plant loop volume etc) requires your own input however when you look in the example, they use 0 or autosize for those field)
The pool water is now at the desired temperature. However, when i looked at the variables especially the make-up water volume, It is huge (about 54055393 m3 per month which is impossible, as the pool itself is only a 25m lap pool with 1.4 average depth). Not sure how E+ is coming up with that figure.

Thanks for your help. I will keep working on it and hopefully i can fix that. Let me know if you have any suggestion.