RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling horizontal opening in the floor of a building (related to outdoor condition)

Hi,

What is you unconditioned zone? What are your objectives with this zone?

Mn

From: fati_tilak@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]
Sent: ‎11/‎25/‎2015 7:18
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling horizontal opening in the floor of a building (related to outdoor condition)

Hi,

Would you please help me to model an opening in the floor of a building. I have a building with 2 zone : conditioned and unconditioned. unconditioned zone have a large opening in its floor. definitely it is a horizontal opening. for modeling this opening, First I decided to increase the number of "Air change per hour" to a very high number for example 100. and set an schedule that is always "on".

After a while, based on a friend's advice, I tried to model this opening as a door that is always fully open. I added an object in "Airflow Network: Simulation Control" ,  "Airflow Network: Multizone: Surface" and " Airflow Network: Multizone: Component: Horizontal Opening" group. But, I understand that "Airflow Network: Multizone: Horizontal Opening" is assumed for horizental interzone surface.  whereas, my opening is not. it is related to outdoor air not another zone.

Now, I have no idea what should I do whit this opening !.

 I really appreciate if you can share your knowledge in this field and help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tilak

Posted by: MN <mneves32@xxxxxxxxx>