[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration and Ventilation Modeling





Hi, Would you please help me to understand the different between ventilation and infiltration.

 in my case study, I want to model one residential zone which has some windows with an opening schedule for being open or closed.  I think for simple modeling the effects of outdoor air flow , I should fill" Zone infiltration: design flow rate" or " Zone infiltration: Effective Leakage Area" and "Zone Ventilation: Design flow rate". Am I right? 

I am a little confused since one of my friend advised me to fill just "Zone infiltration: design flow rate" and increase the amount of ACH.

As far as I understand Infiltration is for considering the effects of unintended flow and Ventilation is for considering the effects of purposeful flow from outside ( to provide non-mechanical cooling). So I think for considering the effects of purposeful windows opening , I should fill Ventilation object. But I am not sure. 

Thanks in advance for your time and great help.

Tilak


 



__._,_.___

Posted by: fati_tilak@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___