[EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration and Ventilation Modeling

Hi, Would you please help me to understand the different between ventilation and infiltration.

 in my case study, I want to model one residential zone which has some windows with an opening schedule for being open or closed.  I think for simple modeling the effects of outdoor air flow , I should fill" Zone infiltration: design flow rate" or " Zone infiltration: Effective Leakage Area" and "Zone Ventilation: Design flow rate". Am I right?

I am a little confused since one of my friend advised me to fill just "Zone infiltration: design flow rate" and increase the amount of ACH.

As far as I understand Infiltration is for considering the effects of unintended flow and Ventilation is for considering the effects of purposeful flow from outside ( to provide non-mechanical cooling). So I think for considering the effects of purposeful windows opening , I should fill Ventilation object. But I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for your time and great help.

Tilak

Posted by: fati_tilak@xxxxxxxxx