[EnergyPlus_Support] El Capitan's "rootless" feature and EP Launch-Lite

I need to use version 8.3.0 of energy plus in order to interface with design builder but I have had a problem running EPLaunch-lite since upgrading to the El Capitan OS for mac.

This seems to be because the EP Launch_Lite programme tries to place the files for running energy plus into usr/bin and the new "rootless" feature in El Capitan does not allow this directory to be edited any more.

I've dealt with it by running energyplus directly from terminal and editing the runenergyplus file to reference different locations.

If anyone has any better solutions I'd welcome them!

Thanks,

Pamela

Posted by: pfennell93@xxxxxxxxx