Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sizing to latent load only

Sounds like a pointless exercise to me.  Unless you have a chilled water coil, at high chilled water temperature, there is probably no such thing as a sensible only system.  Yes, you can do it with 60 degree chilled water as long as the mixed air dewpoint is below 60, but why bother with that approach?  The coil is going to be larger than with a lower coil temperature and cost more.  So why sensible only?

If it's a normal DX coil, it's going to have both sensible and latent capacity.

And sizing only for the latent load is going to get you quite a bit of sensible capacity unless you are in a very dry climate, at which point a system sized for sensible load will almost certainly meet your latent needs.

I'm curious... Why would you take such an approach?

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
HERS I/II     CEPE     CEA
BPI CERTIFIED SF/MF   GREEN POINT RATER
+1 916 966 9060