Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sizing to latent load only

I think it best to size the system (sizing:system) on VentilationRequirement. In the zone (sizing:zone) enter the supply air design humidity for the heating and cooling case. Don't forget that you'll need also a humidistat in the zone. Use setpointmanager:(for humidity as well as one for temperature) and assign it to place it at the appropriate node in the AHU (like after the coil).

Background: sizing:system fixes the design airflow volume rate of the system. The latent load is then calculated at the zone based on the zone moisture balance and includes supply temperature air humidity (for sizing this will be the design supply temp and humidity), moisture from sources and sinks, exhaust air temperature and humidity (zone setpoint).

I believe the coil will then size correctly. Please anyone correct me if this is not so.