Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: custom weather file with multiple years with the converter tool

Lukas,

You're correct. I think that was also what I written in my original post, i.e., that the TimeHourOffset should be -0.5 for North American convention solar data from -1:00-0:00. What's confusing to me is that TimeHourOffset was added only recently, so if you don't specify it in the def file, it will use a default of -0.50. In any case, the solar position has to be consistent with the solar data in your weather file. I actually think the TimeHourOffset is much more needed in EnergyPlus than in the WeatherConverter, so you don't have to do things like the longitude shift when running EPlus with European convention weather files. In the WeatherConverter the only benefit  with the TimeHourOffset is if you're using the WC to calculate DNI from GHI in European convention, and even then you're still stuck with having to shift the longitude when using that file in EnergyPlus. I suggested adding this parameter to the EnergyPlus Team a couple of years ago and although the suggestion was well received I never heard anything since. BTW, how does IDA-ICE deal with this difference in convention?

Sent from my iPhone
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies
346 Rheem Blvd Suite 108D