Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EPW file of Arusha

Inbal,

Weather conditions in Tanzania are quite variable due to large differences in elevation, so you should be careful in what weather data you use for your project.  I have a "typical year" weather file for Arusha based on ten years of data (2001, 2005-2013)  that I created for a customer a few years back.  Since you're working as a volunteer with Engineers Without Borders, I will send you that file via e-mail, but I ask that you not copy and redistribute it to others, which wouldn't be fair to me nor my paying customers.

Since yours is a solar panel project, you're probably most interested in the solar data on the weather file.  You might be interested in this World Bank Report (http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2015/06/02/090224b082ee6a9b/1_0/Rendered/PDF/Solar0resource0lar0modelling0report.pdf ) with a lot of information on solar radiation in Tanzania.  BTW, when I compared the solar data on my Arusha file to the World Bank report, they agree within 5%.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A