Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IMF File Problem

Yes, that's correct. epmacro uses the exact same code taken from DOE-2, so if you're having trouble finding documentation on the syntax rules, try looking in the 2.1E Supplement of the DOE-2 Manual.  From what I remember, arguments are set using ##set1 with no [], but once set they're referenced with the [], because otherwise how would the program know they're arguments? Also, any operation (but only a single one) has to start with a #[ ... and be closed by a ] . Multiple operations have to be nested, e.g.,
  #[ #[ parm1[] * parm2[] ] * parm3[] ]
My favorite operator in macros is the ##elseif, which allows one to have multiple conditions within a single if operation without a great deal of looping. I only wish that other scripts that I use, like "awk", also have the elseif operator.

I've found it takes patience to debug macros, but once debugged they work great. I use them literally all of the time in running either EP or DOE-2, but that's probably I'm still old-school in doing everything by batch with the raw IDF or BDL.

Joe Huang.

Sent from my iPad