Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Oxford, UK epw weather file

I am not aware of any weather file for Oxford, although there are two ASHRAE IWEC2 weather files for locations about 20 km away:
     GBR_BENSON_036580_IW20             Lat. 51.617   Lon. -1.083
     GBR_BRIZE-NORTON_036490_IW2    Lat. 51.750   Lon. -1.583
     (Oxford is at Lat. 51.761  Lon. -1.262 )

Unless you're aware of some meso-climatic differences between them and Oxford, I think either of these would be fine for your use.

IWEC2 (International Weather for Energy Calculations) weather files were developed in a 4-year ASHRAE project utilizing actual weather reports from 3,012 stations throughout the world going back 25 years, and covers locations outside of the United States and Canada.

Individual IWEC2 weather files are available online from White Box Technologies, Inc. in various formats (BINM for DOE-2, EPW for En
ergyPlus, etc.), as well as country sets or even the entire IWEC2 collection. For details on online access to IWEC2 weather files, see http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com .

If you really have your heart set on getting data for Oxford,  I can create a weather file using data from Weather Underground  Personal Weather Stations, of which there are several in Oxford.  However, these have records only for the past year or two, and the cost would be four times that of the ready-made IWEC2 weather files.

BTW, CIBSE also does not have a weather file for Oxford.  Their closest stations would be London or Birmingham,

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A