Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] File - UnmethoursRecommendation.txt

Jason-

Thanks, edited a little below, please feel free to change my edited text any way you see fit.   Also, please note my opinion on the matter is simply that the energy plus list serve still serves a purpose other than a last resort if the info is not available on unmet hours and that unmet hours is definitely a great resource, just that it seems that the text sent has been encouraging this list to not be used. If that is the case then I guess I should start using unmet hours more:)

Prior to posting a new question to the
EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, you may wish to see if a similar
question has already been answered on the site:

http://unmethours.com/

which is a "Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building
Energy Modeling Community." modeled after the popular 'stack exchange' website using a voting system to allow users up-vote expert answers.
UnmetHours is sponsored and moderated by the for profit company BigLadder and the non profit organization IBPSA.
Many very experienced EnergyPlus  users plus some of the EnergyPlus development team members
monitor the questions on the UnmetHours site. To learn more
about it, please visit:

https://proxy.unmethours.com/help.html

One feature of UnmetHours is being notified by email about
new questions and answers that interest you. After you have
an account on UnmetHours, on your profile, under
subscriptions, you can set up to receive email either
instantly, daily, or weekly on all questions or only those
that you have tagged as interesting to you.

If the question has not been asked and answered on
UnmetHours, you may wish to ask your question on that site
first and see if it is answered. If you ask a question on UnmetHours and it is not answered in a
few days, or you prefer the format of the EnergyPlus Yahoo group feel free to post your question to the
EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please do not post the
question to both places at the same time and instead wait at
least a few days before trying the other.

Jeremiah Crossett | Chief Technological Officer | NRGsim Inc. | www.nrgsim.com | 7409 SW Capitol Highway Portland OR, 97219 | 503-688-8951