[EnergyPlus_Support] strange results when modifying the epw file

Hi all

I hope somebody can help me with this question, I'm using a weather file obtained from meteonorm for running simulations in E+, I modified the global irradiance, direct normal and diffuse horizontal of few days in the epw file in order to get results according to local actual measured data. However, some of the results in those days are weird, showing many zeroes which it doesn't happen with the original data from Meteonorm. Looking at the meteonorm file, the Direct normal radiation has almost the same value for all the daytime hours in the year, with a slight variation of about 50 W/m² with no pattern across the year (between 1370 to 1420 W/m²). I was wondering if maybe this have something to do with my 'zero' results, if the way of E+ makes the calculation needs sort of regular value to get the results, which is disrupt by modifying the data, or maybe there is something else?

Maybe there is an obvious answer that I'm missing, but I'd really appreciate any help...

Thanks in advance

Steph

Posted by: Art Cygne <artcygne@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: