[EnergyPlus_Support] Combination of AFN-EMS-Ideal Loads-Hybrid Ventilation

Hi everyone,

I have a 4-zone apartment modelled with AirFlowNetwork. I have also used EMS to override the modulation of window opening area in order to have a binary control (on/off) of them. So far so good..I would like now to find a way to use cooling (through Ideal Loads System) when natural ventilation (AFN+EMS) is not able to meet the  EN15251 Adaptive model Temperature. When the outdoor conditions get favourable, natural ventilation must be preferred over the Ideal Loads System, and so on... I am thinking of using AvailabilityManager:HybridVentilation but I donâ??t know if thatâ??s possible because of the EMS. Can HybridVentilation work along with an EMS which control the window opening area? Is it possible to give priority to the EMS controlling the window openings to maximise the use of natural ventilation, then override it (use cooling) when needed, and then get back to EMS? Should I write another EMS program to control both the EMS for window opening already defined and the use of Ideal Loads System? Is that possible?

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated!

Katerina Drakou

Posted by: katdra83@xxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: