RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ParallelPIU LEED ASHRAE

I'm reading this old discussion again because I'm trying to respect G3.1.3.14, in particular: "Fans in parallel VAV fan-powered boxes shall be sized for 50% of the peak design flow rate".
I'm using this useful James's suggestion:

I do not know of a way to automatically size the PFP fan for 50% of the maximum primary flow rate, so I run the program once using â??autosizeâ?? for primary flow rate, then check to see the autosized value, then enter 50% of that into the fan â??Maximum flow rateâ??.

I used this suggestion also in the past, but now I'm facing a problem. After that I have imposed the "Maximum Secondary Air Flow Rate" of the object AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ParallelPIU:Reheat equal to 50% of the "Maximum Primary Air Flow Rate", the heating setpoint not met hours have increased a lot. It seems reasonable, because in centralized VAV systems with PFP boxes the heating demand is met by the secondary flow rate.

What do you think? Any suggestion, please?

Best Regards
Francesco

Posted by: fpasserini.tn@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: