[EnergyPlus_Support] Shading:Zone:Detailed not making a difference on cooling energy use

Hi all,

I am modeling a building with external shading of type Shading:Zone:Detailed on the west windows. they are large enough to cover the window for the most of the afternoon. however, the cooling loads remain the same as compared to no shading. I also plot the "Zone Windows Total Transmitted Solar Radiation Energy", and the ratio between shading and no shading is 0.006.

this makes me think that there is a setting that I am missing. I know that external shades are always mirrored, so this cannot be the problem. do you have any ideas?

thanks in advance!

ipek

Posted by: Ipek Gursel Dino <ipekgursel@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: