[EnergyPlus_Support] TRAINING - Introduction to DesignBuilder - Denver, October 10-11

Big Ladder Software is pleased to announce our next DesignBuilder training workshop to be held in Denver, CO on October 10-11, 2016. This workshop is an intense two-day introduction to DesignBuilder that is perfect for new users who want to get started quickly.

This workshop is also being conveniently held in advance of the Getting to Zero National Forum in Denver on October 12-14. If you are planning to attend Getting to Zero, make it a full week and maximize your visit to Colorado!

Register Now
http://intro-designbuilder-denver.eventbrite.com/

We have also recently posted new upcoming locations and dates for some of our other workshops for OpenStudio and EnergyPlus.

See all upcoming workshops for DesignBuilder, EnergyPlus, and OpenStudio

http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/

Introduction to DesignBuilder

October 10-11, 2016
Denver, CO at Big Ladder Software
Details and registration

Workshop Description

This two-day workshop is an excellent opportunity for new users to become familiar with using version 5 of the DesignBuilder software. One of the highlights of version 5 is the new capability of automatically generating a baseline model for ASHRAE Standard 90.1, which will be showcased at the end of the workshop. The workshop is structured to give you plenty of hands-on exercises so you can â??learn by doingâ??, and no previous experience with EnergyPlus is required.

Visit the Big Ladder website to learn more about our training workshops.

Workshop Instructor: Aaron Boranian, Big Ladder Software

Day 1 - 3-D Modeller
1. Introduction to DesignBuilder
2. Geometric operations
3. Roof geometry, outline blocks, etc
4. Import floor plans and zoning
5. Model data, activities, and zone merging
6. Constructions, infiltration model data
7. Openings model data

Day 2 - Basic Simulation
1. Component blocks (ground and adiabatic)
2. Templates
3. Timing - compact schedules, profiles, holidays
4. Heating and cooling load calculations
5. Simulation and comparing results
6. Lighting and daylight control
7. Simple HVAC
8. Automatic Generation of ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline Model

Posted by: Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/