[EnergyPlus_Support] WindowMaterial:Shade - different air-flow permeability same results.

Hi all,

I am working on a free floating model of a single family house in E+ (version 8.3) where windows open according to a schedule (ventilation control mode: constant). I am also using WindowMaterial:Shade to model an external shading system. I did some runs with identical WindowMaterial:Shade properties but with different values for â??Airflow permeabilityâ??. The problem is that I get almost same results of AFN Zone Infiltration Air Change Rate [ach] for different permeabilities. Even without shading (unobstructed air-flow) the infiltration rate is similar. When I used same permeability but different solar transmittance, a larger differentiation noticed in results.

There are no relevant warnings/errors and the shading seems to work because I tested different values for solar transmittance and I got expected variation in results (Windows total transmitted solar radiation energy). I checked out i/o ref and engineering manual but I couldnâ??t find any explanation for my results. I am probably missing something..

Any help will be really appreciated,

Katerina Drakou

Posted by: katdra83@xxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: