[EnergyPlus_Support] Fan Coil Unit - Convert cooling power capacity to maximum cold water flow

Hi all,

I have to size Fan coil units in my model with known cooling powers.

But on EnergyPlus/DesignBuilder, we can only specify maximum cold water flow.

I've checked the Engineering reference of EnergyPlus (pasge 289 - Fan Coil Unit Sizing Formula (1257)) and they give the formula linking the two entities. However, it is unclear what are the other different parameters involved, didn't find any nomenclature explaining them (quite annoying actually), especially the DeltaTloop,des.

Can someone help me with it?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Regards,

Nassim Jamali
Building Performance Consultant

 Posted by: Nassim Jamali <nassimji@xxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
<http://www.energyplus.net/>http://www.energyplus.net/

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the &quot;search&quot; button.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=36943/stime=1476276334>