[EnergyPlus_Support] ambiguity in simulating insulated wall and roof

Dear all,

I have a very simple single zone simulation of a naturally ventilated bedroom, with closed window situation.

I am running simulations in Designbuilder (GUI to E+) for insulated and non insulated situations of roof and walls. To my surprise , the hourly indoor operative temperatures for the insulated situations are higher than the non-insulated situation in warm-humid climatic context (where target at lowering the indoor operative temperatures).

Surprisingly a couple of months back when I was working on the same problem with adiabatic walls and in a different model,  the results were as expected for the insulated situations as compared to the non-insulated situations.

In my current simulations is the heat getting trapped inside the room? Can anyone explain the building physics behind?  Can anyone help me with the simulation settings for getting the positive effects of insulation.

â??ind regards,
Roshmi Senâ??

Posted by: Roshmi Sen <s.roshmi@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: