[EnergyPlus_Support] TRAINING - OpenStudio Launch Pad and Measure Writing - Denver, CO, November 16-17

Big Ladder Software is pleased to announce new training workshops for OpenStudio to be held in collaboration with Xcel Energy in Denver, CO. These workshops begin in TWO WEEKS, so sign up now while there's still space!

This is a rare opportunity to get started with OpenStudio with our OpenStudio Launch Pad workshop and then go deeper with our OpenStudio Measure Writing workshop!

Register Now
https://openstudio-denver. eventbrite.com/

Also check out our other upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus. Coming soon to New York, Seattle...and more.

See all upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus, OpenStudio, and DesignBuilder
http://bigladdersoftware.com/t raining/

OpenStudio Launch Pad

November 16, 2016
Denver, CO at Xcel Energy
Details and registration (Also register for OpenStudio Measure Writing on November 17!)

Workshop Description

This one-day workshop aims to quickly launch you into the world of the OpenStudio graphical user interface for EnergyPlus. We cover the major features and capabilities of the interface including creating and editing geometry using the full OpenStudio plugin for SketchUp, managing space types and internal loads, and configuring HVAC systems and controls. (OpenStudio measure writing is not covered.) Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. Previous experience with EnergyPlus is recommended but not required.

OpenStudio Measure Writing

November 17, 2016
Denver, CO at Xcel Energy
Details and registration (Also register for OpenStudio Launch Pad on November 16!)

Workshop Description

This one-day workshop focuses on teaching you how to write your own measures for OpenStudioâ??s powerful scripting and automation framework. We cover the essentials of the OpenStudio API, the Ruby programming language, and the OpenStudio Software Development Kit documentation. We explore all three categories of measures: OpenStudioEnergyPlus, and Reporting. We will also show how to use a measure to automatically generate a baseline building model for ASHRAE Standard 90.1 compliance. Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout.

Previous Ruby scripting experience is not required. You are welcome to register for this workshop separately from the OpenStudio Launch Pad workshop.

Posted by: aaron.boranian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/