Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simple airflow, two rooms and a single fan

How much air are you moving? Zero infiltration is somewhat unrealistic...

On 26 Oct 2016 12:59 pm, "l.pamich@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings everyone,
I'm guessing if someone can give my an advice for this model.
I have complex system of rooms disolocated on several floors, but my analysis concern only two of them: one small (room 2) with internal electrical heat gain and the second (room 1), bigger with no internal gains with direct access on the environment. I'd like to simulate an easy fan system wich takes supply air form the bigger room and sends it to the smaller one where the heat gains are. With a simple mixing object I can understand the necessary volume of air needed and how the room 2 responds, but I need to figure out what should happen in terms of pressure and funcionality of the fan. Extracting a large quantitative of air form the room 1 will create a depressure in this room and, if there are no infiltration, I guess the stall of the fan. I'm politley asking if there is a way to demonstrate that, without enough infiltration between room1 and environment, the negative pressure in the room1 will be higher then the design Delta Pressure of the fan, and the failure of the system.
Thank you

Posted by: Jean Marais <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: