Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Need help for Naturally Ventilated Model

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Can you please suggest me good resource to learn air flow network
method? I am reading InputOutputReference document. I will really appreciate.

From: "allinson_louis@xxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:56 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Need help for Naturally Ventilated Model

Hi

No you cannot assume 3 ACH. Natural ventilation airflow is dependent on buoyancy driven (caused by internal/external temperature difference) and wind driven. These vary transiently and therefore you will not be delivering a constant ventilation rate, even if you are controlling the vent.

ideally you want to use the airflow network to model airlfow through the windows. You also want to then control the window openings such that you deliver the necessary airflow for IAQ (CIBSE guide B recommends 10l/s/person) when occupied and the sufficient airflow to mitigate overheating.

i suggest that you read section Group - airflow network in the inputoutput document

you could also use an interface like DesignBuilder and read their help files on modelling ventilation through a window

kind regards

Posted by: bhavana patil <ana5patil@xxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: