Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Maximum number of objects per branch / per loop in Energy plus

Dear Pauline,
I have not made this particular change myself, but you should look at the:
C:\EnergyPlusV8-6-0\Energy+.idd file, which is a text file that assigns limits to each E+ object.

Te Branch object shows up like this in v8.6:
Branch,
        \extensible:4 Just duplicate last 4 fields and comments (changing numbering, please)
        \memo List components on the branch in simulation and connection order
        \memo Note: this should NOT include splitters or mixers which define
        \memo endpoints of branches
   A1,  \field Name
        \required-field
        \reference Branches
   A2, \field Pressure Drop Curve Name
        \type object-list
        \object-list PressureDropCurves
        \object-list ExponentCurves
        \object-list LinearOrQuadraticCurves
        \object-list CubicCurves
        \object-list UniVariateTables
        \note Optional field to include this branch in plant pressure drop calculations
        \note This field is only relevant for branches in PlantLoops and CondenserLoops
        \note Air loops do not account for pressure drop using this field
        \note Valid curve types are: Curve:Functional:PressureDrop or
        \note one of Curve:{Linear,Quadratic,Cubic,Exponent}')
   A3, \field Component 1 Object Type
        \begin-extensible
        \required-field
   A4, \field Component 1 Name
        \required-field
   A5, \field Component 1 Inlet Node Name
        \required-field
        \type node
   A6, \field Component 1 Outlet Node Name
        \required-field
        \type node
   A7, \field Component 2 Object Type
   A8, \field Component 2 Name
   A9,\field Component 2 Inlet Node Name
        \type node
   A10, \field Component 2 Outlet Node Name
        \type node
   A11, \field Component 3 Object Type
   A12, \field Component 3 Name
   A13, \field Component 3 Inlet Node Name
        \type node
   A14, \field Component 3 Outlet Node Name
        \type node
   A15, \field Component 4 Object Type
   A16, \field Component 4 Name
   A17, \field Component 4 Inlet Node Name
        \type node
   A18, \field Component 4 Outlet Node Name
        \type node

etc. for 11 components

Note that it is "extensible", so you are allowed to add more components by following the format of the previous components carefully.

I recommend that you save the original version as something like "Energy+.iddold" before changing the file.