[EnergyPlus_Support] Maximum number of objects per branch / per loop in Energy plus

Hello everyone,

I have an airloopHVAC to modelise with A LOT of objects in it. I need to put all these objects in series (and not in parallel).  I did put a lot of elements in my loop, but now, if I add one, the simulation crashes, as if I had reached a limit..... (for example I have already two heat exchanger in the branch and I try to add a third one; or else; it's not the type of object that seems to be the problem but really the total number of objects in the branch).

So it seems to me that there is a limit regarding the number of objects per branch or per loop, but I can't find any information regarding this.

I tried to get around this limit, by adding a part of the objects I had to add in the OutdoorAirSystem of my airloop branch; it works, but it seems to be limited too: if I have 8 objects in the OutdoorAirSystem it's ok, if I add a ninth element, it crashes too....

Does someone has information regarding the limit of number of objects per branch or per airloop? is it real and what is the limit? Are there differences regarding this issue between the different versions of Energy plus (8.0 or 8.6?)

Does someone has tips to get around this issue and add more objects?

Thank you,

Pauline.

Posted by: pauline.couvrat@xxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: