Alberto

De: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2017 16:50
Para: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Use of DOAS

Dear Alberto,

I believe that the fundamental question for every energy model is "Why?"

For example, "Why is the energy higher for DOAS in Sao Paulo?" To answer that question, you will need to analyze the results in more detail than total energy for an entire year. Is cooling energy higher than expected? Fan energy? Is the economizer providing substantial cooling benefit that is lacking in the DOAS?

That, in turn, requires close comparison of each file's inputs and also the outputs by category of energy use (e.g., fan energy, cooling energy, heating energy, etc.)

In a recent project, I noticed that the heating energy was much higher for one design than the alternative design. (I expected a small increase, not a big one.)

I discovered by reviewing hourly outputs that, of three systems, only one was very high - almost double.  That made me review inputs more carefully (comparison software such as WinMerge is helpful for this) and I discovered one seemingly innocent input that was causing the problem.

In short, I think that careful review is necessary, even when results appear OK.

I wish you good success in finding the reason behind the differences.