Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Component Load SUmmary_OutputReport Investigations

Thank you Jim for sharing your thoughts.

I am convinced with your answers on the radiant fraction load contribution and calculation methodology as per heat balance method. Bit of which is also explained in Engineering and I/O Reference guide, so its clear.

However, I don't get clearity on the sign convention part. I agree that heating sensed load/energy is reported as (-ve sign) and could validate this by looking at zone peak heating load summery in html report. However, the -ve sign in peak cooling gain summary table is confusing. I could think of interpreting this as some qualitative meaning but not the pure mathematical addition and subtraction function to arrive at the peak sensed load for the zone during design day. but what is that??

Looking forward to get some insight on this.

Thanks again for your help!!