Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: LEED ID+C EA - Minimum Energy Performance - Type of chiller system 8

Hi,
I have been modeled a hypermarket for LEED CI before, the hypermarket was located inside a mall, I modeled the baseline with system 6 (due to the size of my hypermarket) and no exception were used, I did not modeled the mall because my project had an independent cooling system different from the mall, I am not sure how is yours, but if it is independent you may model only the baseline cooling system based on your project and not in the mall. If not, I am not sure.

Table G 3.1.3.7 is based in cooling capacity of the baseline model, what I usually do is first simulate a baseline model and then based on the autozised capacity I change the number and efficiencies of chillers. Efficiencies in table 6.8.1 C is based on each baseline chiller capacity, It not depend of chillers installed on your project.

Hope that helps!

Dante

It appears that there is a problem with the pictures I sent.

The rest of the message :

- Number and type :

(See attached picture 1. Table G1.3.1.7)

The mall is served by seven water-cooled chillers with a 42 204 kW cooling capacity.

According to the table G3.1.3.7, I have to choose the last option, "2 water-cooled centrifugal chiller sized equaly".  So my model have a CHW loop with two 8 kW chillers.

Here, do I really have to choose the total cooling load of the mall, or just the one allowed to my retail (almost 20 kW), that would place me in the first option (1 water-cooled screw chiller) ?

- Efficiencies :

(see attached picture 2. Table 6.8.1C))

According to the table 6.8.1C, if I've previously chosen a 2 water-cooled centrifugal chillers system, I would have to set their efficiencies for the power of the mall (so >2110kW), that would give me an efficiency of 5.961 (i am not sure to have to use the path B or path A). This is correct or do I have to choose the power allowed to my retail (<528 kW), so a 5.504 efficiency ?

If i had to choose previsously a single water-cooled screw chiller, where I have to select my efficiency ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Vincent

Posted by: Dante Andres Garcia <andresdagm@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: