[EnergyPlus_Support] Wall temperature actuator overrides solar heat gain?

Solar radiation impacts on the building energy consumption in terms of heat and light.

I am employing a CFD software to study the temperature on each wall of a building model. It takes into account incoming solar radiation as well, providing surface temperatures through a global energy balance. I can, therefore, use EnergyPlus actuators on each wall to override the surface temperature.

The question is: if I impose the temperature on each surface, do I override the solar heat contribution? Does the sun impact in any other way in terms of heat gain?

Posted by: carlobianchi89@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/