[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] How can I turn off solar heat gains?





I am using the EMS in EnergyPlus and customizing surface variables such as Dry Bulb Temperature, Wet Bulb Temperature and Wind Speed. 

I am imposing a Surface Dry Bulb Temperature that takes into account the convective and radiative heat exchanges between the external surface and the environment. If I run the simulation with EnergyPlus, though, the heat gain from the sun is taken into account as well, using the radiation data in the EPW file. How can I turn it off?

I can easily regulate the convective heat exchange, customizing the convection coefficient on each surface, but what can I do with the radiative heat exchange? 

If I set to 0 the incoming radiation I eliminate this contribution, but I also eliminate the sun contribution in terms of light and that's not ideal.




__._,_.___

Posted by: carlobianchi89@xxxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___