[EnergyPlus_Support] Fatal error with certain files? Files already updated to newest version?

I keep having a fatal error with certain files when running simulations. This will occur when there are multiple cores running, some of the files will fail and others work. This also occurs to certain (single core) files.

In some cases, it is suggested that the example and or weather file may need to be updated. I have tried updating the given files with the update program/editor, however, when updating it says the file is already up to date.

Are fatal errors associated with errors in the source file code, what language are these files written in, and how might I go about trouble shooting these errors?

Posted by: standolf@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/