Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file of Oyo (Republic of the Congo)

Harold,

Slight correction - I haven't created this file yet, but will do so at your request. However, I already have all the historical data, which is 90% of the effort in creating a "typical year" weather file.  The timing is good because over the past two years I've gained access to satellite-derived solar from various international sources, with Africa being in the advantageous position of sharing the same longitude as Europe and thus covered by an European weather satellite.  Bad as are the observed weather station data for Africa, the cloud cover data are even worse, making model-based solar calculations very unreliable. The source for the non-solar weather data is the weather station at Gamboma WMO# 644540 Lat 1.867S, Lon 15.867E, Elev 377 m, as archived in the Integrated Surface Database (ISD) maintained by the US National Center for Environmental Information (https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/isd) .  The source of the solar data is  the Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS) supported by the European Union  (https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/).

My standard price for a custom "typical year" weather file is $85.   Since you say you're a graduate student,  I will provide you a 50% academic discount, so the price is $42.50.  Time would be within a day, provided that I'm not busy on other tasks.  What I typically do is put the file on my web site and then send you a custom link allowing you to pay with a credit card and then download the file.  Lastly, I distribute all weather files in three formats, i.e., *.epw , *.bin, and *.FIN4 ASCII, for different simulation programs and can also put them in other formats depending on your need.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A