Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Direct Evaporative Cooler - documentation

Ooi,

If you are considering a direct evaporative cooler:
  •  outdoor air is the only airstream and the leaving air temperature is as shown in the I/O reference (v9.0.1)

If you are considering an INdirect evaporative cooler (which seems to be the case):
  • the Engineering Reference is correct (shown below). I did not find a formula in the I/O Reference.

The effectiveness is always a fraction of the difference between the primary air's dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures. That product (eff x delta T) becomes the delta T of the secondary airstream.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, BCxP
Team Lead - Building Performance
616 450 8653
Foresight Management

Coffee Conversation:

If “freedom” is ability to do whatever we want, whenever we want and with whomever… that’s lawlessness or anarchy. Try that with traffic…. then think about what might happen if you try it with your life.