[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling A Fresh Air System based only on Central Extract Fans





Hi,

I am looking for ideas on how to model a fresh air system that is based only on rooftop central extract fans in a residential building in Moscow, Russia, so that the fresh air is induced in the form of infiltration because of the negative pressure.

So far, I have tried modeling it as infiltration "ZoneInfiltration:DesignFlowRate", but then for assessing the passive measures performance, I could not get the heat removal rate (due to infiltration) separately from fresh air; therefore, I re-modeled it as PTACs with coils always off and fans with zero power, and modeled the energy consumption of the central extract fan using an "Exterior:FuelEquipment" object.

Are there any better ideas for modeling such system?


Thank you.




Best regards,

Hisham



__._,_.___

Posted by: hisham.rashrash@xxxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___