Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Natural ventilation and indoor operative temperature

Dear Roshmi,

The DesignBuilder CFD module has nothing to do with energyplus. You ac import boundry conditions from a previously run e+ simulation to the CFD similation.

The windows in energyplus don't let air through them unless you tell them to. If you model with design builder with calculated natural ventilation, you can specify when and how they open and close.

Energyplus even has a way to open and close them based on thermal comfort parameters to simulate human interaction, but that's not implimented in DB. DB does have access to a simulation as per DIN 4108, which runs a EMS that also simulates this interaction, but it fixes some other parameters.

Jean