[EnergyPlus_Support] Natural ventilation and indoor operative temperature

Dear EnergyPlus support group,
I modelled a low income multi-family housing in Indian warm humid climate as a free running building in designbuilder. I have simulated the room with my windows closed since I was doing a sensitivity analysis of comfort performance of various building envelop combinations and it would be difficult to validate my model with the kind of instruments I was having if windows were open.
My current results are giving very low comfort performance with the adaptive comfort equation I am using to assess comfort, even with elevated air speed with use of ceiling fan. My understanding is not clear if energyplus would have reported a different indoor operative temperature had the windows been opened due to the effect of hourly air velocities in the weather file. I did not use the CFD module.
If anyone can comment on this that would be really helpful.
Thanks and regards,
Roshmi

__._,_.___

Posted by: Roshmi Sen <s.roshmi@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the &quot;search&quot; button.

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use