[Equest-users] DX units result in "Pump & Aux" energy use

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:13:43 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm working on a project where I have a system type of "PVVT" specified.
When I have air-cooled DX units specified, my "Pump & Aux" energy goes WAY
up (about 4500 kwh are attributed to pumps and 19000 kwh attributed to
something having to do with the DX units).  The SS-P cooling summary report
shows some sort of energy use for each unit every month, even when there is
no cooling load.  Curious thing, is that the highest loads are in the
winter.  I always result in 37.6kwh used in jan, 33.6 in feb, etc.  I also
ran a test module straight from the wizard with a PVV system.  The system
size is much larger, and it still uses... 37.6 kwh in jan, 33.6 in feb (the
other months there is a cooling load).  Any idea where this comes from or
how to make it go away?  The DX units will be OFF in the winter.  It seems
that the program is simulating some sort of heating for the DX unit.

Any thoughts?

Karen