[Equest-users] A REALLY good question..

Kendra Tupper ktupper at rmi.org
Thu Sep 25 08:44:13 PDT 2008

I agree - I just recently took an EnergyPlus weather file from Kenya (all
metric units), and converted to a .bin file for eQUEST use. When I ran the
weather file with eQUEST, I exported hourly outside air dry bulbs and wet
bulbs to make sure conversion occurred properly. The hourly OA conditions
exported by eQUEST (in IP units) matched what was originally in the
EnergyPlus file.

There are a few bugs in the conversion process separate from this - its
common to get an error message saying "invalid file name". If you delete the
log, this usually fixes this.